Best senior discounts in Las Vegas (Vegas hacks for older people & senior citizens):
*** UPDATE: There is no guarantee that these senior discounts, specials and promotions will resume after the Covid-19 mandatory business closures end. Please ask in advance to avoid disappointment.
This article provides money-saving tips you should take advantage of in Nevada.
Please contact these businesses directly to verify their senior citizen discount before going.
The definition of a “senior” can be anywhere from 50 to 65 years old depending on the business.
Many places that have senior discounts don’t always train their clerks to extend such offers and many clerks fear offending you by offering a senior discount, so you will probably have to ask for the discount.
Most of the casinos below that offer promotions to seniors are on Fremont Street.
Food & Restaurants:
Many national restaurant chains offer senior discounts, usually a discount of around 10% off for ages 55+. I found several lists online that indicated that the following ones have senior discounts in Nevada. Ask at your favourite ones such as:
– Bubba Gump Shrimp,
– Burger King,
– Dairy Queen,
– Dunkin Donuts,
– Einstein Bros. Bagels,
– El Pollo Loco,
– Jack in the Box,
– Johnny Rockets,
– Long John Silver’s,
– Outback Steakhouse,
– Pizza Hut,
– Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen,
– Rainforest Café,
– Taco Bell,
– Texas de Brazil,
– Wendy’s &
– White Castle.
Grocery stores such as Albertson’s and Whole Foods have seniors’ discounts everyday and other grocery stores have one Seniors’ day a month with special savings.
Most buffets offer a 10% discount for seniors (especially for lunch).
See below for discounts at restaurants located in Casino Resorts.
Attractions & Shopping: 1. Eiffel Tower Observation Deck at Paris Hotel (55+) tickets for $3 off.
2. Las Vegas Natural History Museum tickets for $8 for seniors.
3. Las Vegas Premium Outlets offers senior discounts on Tuesdays (ask at customer service). Select retailers at both outlet malls offer discounts to people aged 55+.
4. Mob Museum offers a $3 discount for ages 65+.
5. National Atomic Testing Museum (65+) tickets for $18.
6. Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay (65+) tickets for $2 off.
7. Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden at Mirage Buy One Get One Free for ages 60+ on Sundays.
8. Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas Water-park (65+) tickets for $10.
Hotels: 1. Many national hotel chains have frequent guest programs that offer discounts to seniors, but most people don’t stay at these chains when in Las Vegas because they prefer to be on the Strip.
a. Best Western offers 10-15% off for ages 55+.
b. Choice Hotels have a 10% discount for ages 60+.
c. Clarion has a 10-20% discount for ages 60+.
d. Comfort Inn & Suites has a 10-20% discount for ages 60+.
e. Econo Lodge has a 10-20% discount for ages 60+.
f. Hampton Inn has a 10% discount for AARP members.
g. Holiday Inn has a discount for ages 62+.
h. Hyatt has a 25% discount for ages 62+.
i. Marriott has a 15% discount for ages 62+.
j. Quality Inn has a 10-20% discount for ages 60+.
k. Wyndham Hotels offer up to 20% off for AARP members.
2. Most Las Vegas Casino Resorts offer seniors’ discounts from their normal rates (i.e. not from sale rates), so you can probably save more money by getting a good sale or promotion that is available to everyone. Here are some senior discounts I found online:
a. MGM properties including Aria, Bellagio, Delano, Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, New York New York, & Park MGM offer a 10% discount for seniors aged 62+.
b. Caesars Entertainment offers a seniors discount to ages 50+ on room rates at Caesar’s Palace, Harrah’s, Bally’s, Cromwell, Flamingo, LINQ, Paris, Planet Hollywood & Rio.
c. Circus Circus has a 10% discount for ages 62+.
d. The Plaza has a 10% discount for ages 50+.
e. Tropicana (a Doubletree by Hilton) offers 10% off for ages 65+.
Gambling & Casinos: 1. Boyd Casinos has “Young at Heart” promotion on Wednesdays for 50+ offering cash draws, free buffet meals, and other advantages on the games (last I heard, it was only for Nevada residents). Casinos affiliated with Boyd Gaming’s B Connected Card such as California Hotel, Fremont, Gold Coast, Main Street Station, Orleans, Sam’s Town & Suncoast offer discounts for ages 50+ on special days. Suncoast also offers $4 matinee movies on Tuesdays and a free Hit Parade Variety Show on Thursdays.
2. El Cortez offers 50% discount on a special menu at Siegel’s 1941 restaurant on Wednesdays for ages 50+.
3. Four Queens offers a 20% discount on dining for ages 55+.
4. Silverton Casino offers Fab 50+ Senior Mondays that include prize drawings, slot tournaments, and a discounted senior buffet.
5. Station Casinos (Boulder, Sante Fe, Sunset, Red Rock & Texas) has MyGeneration Senior 50+ Wednesdays where you get $4 movie matinees, free slot tournaments, 6-10X points on video poker & slots, free Starbuck’s coffee, & half-point bowling and dining.
BONUS TIP: Many casinos offer free play in your birthday month, but usually mail or e-mail it out to current players club members only, so sign up online long before you go to Vegas. For example, Park MGM offers $25 in free play.
Transportation: 1. Unfortunately, there is no seniors’ discount on the Las Vegas Monorail and to get a senior discount for the bus in Vegas, you must apply for an ID card, which costs money and takes time.
2. Most rental car companies have senior discounts from 10 to 25%. Look into Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National & Thrifty. They often give a higher discount if you are a member of AARP.
3. Some airlines also have discounts for ages 65+. Look into American Airlines (merged with US Airlines), Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines.
P.S. Here are links to our social media accounts, in case you want to connect that way: