Orlando, Florida, USA – Travel Tips and Things To Do
Travel tips for Orlando, Florida
* as of 2014
We weren’t sure how to set up this post about things to do in Orlando, Florida or the surrounding area (Kissimmee, Winter Park, etc.) because there is so much information. Thus, we just kept it brief and in point for for ease of reference.
Besides researching and buying tickets in advance online, our other money-saving tip is to find the Enjoy Florida magazine or other coupon books for good coupons for places like Cici’s Pizza and many attractions.
Let’s get started.
THE BIG ATTRACTIONS:
- Disneyworld: Lake Buena Vista, FL
o Magic Kingdom
o Disney Studios
o Animal Kingdom
o Disney waterparks (Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon)
o Downtown Disney (Disney Quest, Cirque du Soleil “La Nouba”, etc.)
o Disney BoardWalk
- Universal Studios Florida: 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819
o Universal Orlando Theme Park (open 8 AM to 10 PM)
o Islands of Adventure (open 9 AM to 7 PM)
o Universal CityWalk (open 11 AM to 2 AM)
o Blue Man Group at Universal Resort (1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL)
- Sea World Orlando: 7007 Sea World Drive, Orlando, FL 32821 (off International Drive)
o Sea World (open 9 AM to 6 PM except Friday open until 9 PM)
o Aquatica Water Park (open 10 AM to 5 PM)
o Discovery Cove
o Makahiki Luau – SeaWorld’s Polynesian Feast and Celebration
- Wet ‘N Wild: 6200 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (open 10 AM to 5 PM). This is a fantastic water park with cutting edge rides.
OTHER COOL ATTRACTIONS (MOSTLY IN KISSIMMEE NEAR DISNEYWORLD):
- Fun Spot America – Kissimmee: 2850 Florida Plaza Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34746 (next to Old Town)
- Old Town: 5770 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (incl. Legend’s Haunting) (restaurants and shops open 11 AM to 11 PM, but rides are closed in December).
- Hooray for Hollywood Wax Museum: 5770 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Kissimmee Go-carts: 4708 West Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (also feed alligators there) (open 12 PM to 8 PM. Closed on Mondays). Groupon may be available to save money. See free coupons.
- Holy Land Experience: 4655 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32811
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour: 2858 Florida Plaza Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Gatorland: 14501 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- LEGOLAND Florida: One Legoland Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884.
ATTRACTIONS ON INTERNATIONAL DRIVE:
- Orlando’s Official Visitor Center: 8723 International Drive, Suite 101, Orlando, FL 32819 (Discount tickets sales: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily)
- Gods and Monsters: 5447 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (2ndlargest comic store in the world)
- WhirlyDome: 6464 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Whirlyball, laser tag, Formula 1 racing)
- Gator Golf And Adventure Park: 6584 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Mini golf and feed alligators)
- Magical Midway: 7001 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (open 2 PM to midnight Mon-Fri and noon to midnight on Sat & Sun)
- Geek Stop: 7219 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (comics, video games, arcade)
- CSI: The Experience: 7220 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Titanic: The Experience & Exhibit: 7324 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium: 8201 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Mama’s Comedy Show: 8267 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Drip! Dance Show: 8747 International Drive, Suite 102, Orlando, FL 32819 (clothes may get paint splatter)
- ICEBAR Orlando: 8967 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Wonder Works: 9067 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (open 9 AM to 12 midnight) – 4-D motion ride, build your own coaster, ropes course, lazer tag & exhibits. Save $5 on wristbands at Walgreens
- Hard Knocks Laser Tag: 9101 International Drive #2300, Orlando, FL 32819
- Monkey Joe’s: 9101 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (play land for toddlers)
- World of Chocolate Museum and Café: 11701 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
- I-Drive NASCAR: 5228 Vanguard Street, Orlando, FL 32819 (near International Drive and S. Kirkman Rd)
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving: 6805 Visitors Circle, Orlando, FL 32819 (near Fun Spot on International Drive)
- Fun Spot America – Orlando: 5700 Fun Spot Way, Orlando, FL 32819 (off International Drive) (open 2 PM to Midnight from Mon-Thurs and 10 AM to Midnight from Fri-Sun).
- Mini Golf on International Drive (Putting Edge, Congo River, Lost Caverns, Volcano Island, Hawaiian Rumble, Pirate’s Cove, Hollywood Drive-in).
RESTAURANTS TO TRY ON INTERNATIONAL DRIVE:
- Dave & Buster’s: 8986 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. A pub style restaurant with a huge arcade for kids and adults. 1/2 Price games every Wednesday.
- McDonalds with the world’s biggest entertainment center: 6875 W. Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL
- Brazilian Steakhouses like Texas de Brazil, Giraffas Brazilian Kitchen, Churrascaria, Cafe Mineiro, and Fogo de Chão, Boi Brazil.
- American Steakhouses such as Great Western, Ponderosa and Sizzler steakhouses (like Bonanza).
- Lobster buffets like Boston Lobster (8731 International Drive) and Lighthouse Lobster Feast (6400 International Drive).
DINNER THEATRE (EAT WHILE WATCHING A FUN SHOW):
- Arabian Nights Royal Celebration: 3081 Arabian Nights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747-4505
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: 4510 West Vine Street (U.S. Highway 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Capone’s Dinner & Show: 4740 West US Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show at WonderWorks: 9067 International Drive, Orlando, FL (at 6 PM Mon-Thurs and 6 or 8 PM Fri & Sat).
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show: 8267 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Treasure Tavern Dinner Theatre: 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (off International Drive)
- Pirate’s Dinner Theatre: 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 * CLOSED?
- Three Musketeers Dinner Theatre: 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
- Camelot Knights Dinner Adventure & Tournament: 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, FL * Very bad reviews
INTERNATIONAL DRIVE (CLOSE TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS) SHOPPING:
Mall at Millennia
Address: 4200 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL 32839 (north of International Drive off Millenia Blvd.)
Includes stores like Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Tommy Bahama, Burberry, Tiffany & Co. and Cartier.
Orlando International Premium Outlets
Address: 4951 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Belz Designer Outlets Centers
Address: 5200 BLOCK on International Drive Orlando, FL 32819, Phone: (407) 352-3632
Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday. Save 30 to 60 percent at outlets including Off 5th – Saks 5th Avenue Outlet, Jones New York, Ann Taylor.
Artegon Marketplace (formerly Festival Bay Mall)
Address: 5250 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Address: 5265 International Drive, Orlando, FL, Phone: (407) 363-0800
Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Discount prices on designer women’s clothing.
Orlando Crossings Mall
Address: 5447 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Address: 5527 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closest outlet center to Universal Studios, Wet ‘n Wild, Sea World, and Disney.
Address: 8445 International Drive, Orlando, Fla., 32819, Phone: (407) 345-9337
Hours: Sunday through Saturday -10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. This shopping, dining and entertainment complex has 60 specialty shops, including American Cola Company, Florida Paradise, Global Sports and Kandlestix.
Address: 9101 International Drive, Orlando, Fla., 32819, Phone: (407) 248-2838
Hours: Sunday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Nightclubs & restaurants are open until 2 a.m. Includes FAO Schwarz, Armani Exchange, Abercrombie & Fitch, Disney Worldport and other exclusive venues at Pointe*Orlando. This 450,000-square-foot (40,500-square-meter), multilevel complex offers upscale shopping, as well as a 21-screen Muvico Cinema complete with a state-of-the-art IMAX 3-D theater. For those who want to combine shopping with dining and nighttime entertainment, the complex features restaurants such as Monty’s Conch Harbor, Hooters, LuLu’s Bait Shack, Johnny Rocket’s and Adobe Gila’s. Visitors will surely notice the upside-down WonderWorks attraction also located here.
DOWNTOWN ORLANDO AREA SHOPPING:
CHRUCH STREET EXCHANGE
Address: 129 W. Church Street, Orlando, FL 32801, Phone: (407) 422-2434
On the east side of Church Street, Church Street Exchange is an 87,000-square-foot (7,830- square-meter), tri-level complex designed to appeal to tourists and residents. Part of Church Street Station entertainment complex, it features more than 50 specialty shops and restaurants, but no major department store.
CHURCH STREET MARKET
Address: 55 W. Church Street, Phone: (407) 872-3500
Church Street Market features shops and many restaurants, pubs and nightclubs.
ORLANDO FASHION SQUARE MALL
Address: 3201 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32822, Phone: (407) 896-1131
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Featuring Sears, Burdines, Gayfers, JC Penney, The Veranda Café Food Court, plus 165 specialty shops.
THE FLORIDA MALL
Address: 8001 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, Fla., 32809, Phone: (407) 851-6255
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Florida’s largest and most popular shopping destination. Saks Fifth Avenue, Dillards, JC Penney, Parisian, Sears, Adam’s Mark Hotel, Treats Food Court, M&M World, and more than 200 specialty stores.
Address: Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL.
KISSIMMEE AREA (DISNEY AREA) SHOPPING:
Belz Factory Outlet Mall
5401 West Oakridge Road, Orlando, FL 32819; I-4, Exit 30A, Phone: (407) 352-9611
Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday. More than 180 stores within 2 malls and four annexs and including Calvin Klein, Guess, Bugle Boy, Anne Klein, Harve Bernard, Field Crest, Cannon.
Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores
State Road 535 Orlando, FL, Phone: (407) 238-9301
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 35 stores. Upscale factory stores including Reebok and Vanity Fair, located 1 mile from Disney.
Orlando Premium Outlets Mall
8200 Vineland Avenue Orlando, FL 32821
Mon. – Sat. 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. This Mediterranean style-shopping village features 110 stores offering discounts from 25% to 65%. The Spanish-styled courtyards with decorative fountains adds a touch-of-class to casual shopping. Visit such designer shops as Versace, Louis Feraud, Perry Ellis, or Ralph Lauren. There is an air-conditioned food court, parcel post shipping, wheelchairs, strollers and ATMs. The open-air atmosphere combined with the old fashioned, lamppost-lighted walkways make an evening stroll along Plaza de las Fuentes an experience you won’t want to miss.
CROSSROADS OF LAKE BUENA VISTA
Address: State Road 535 and I-4, Phone: (407) 827-7300
Hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily. Shops, 11 restaurants, miniature golf and a 24-hour supermarket; near the entrance to Downtown Disney Marketplace.
DOWNTOWN DISNEY MARKETPLACE
Address: Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Phone: (407) 828-3056
Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily. Disney shopping area near the Buena Vista Lagoon.
OSCEOLA SQUARE MALL
Address: 3831 West Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL 34741, Phone: (407) 847-6941
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 6 p.m. Only enclosed mall in Kissimmee. 10 miles from Disney entrance on Highway 192. Shops include Ross, Eckerd Drug, and 12 Cobb Theaters.
Kissimmee Manufacturer’s Outlet
4673 West U.S. Highway 192 Kissimmee, FL 34746, Phone: (407) 396-8900
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. 25 direct factory outlet stores featuring Nike, American Tourister, London Fog, Fieldcrest, Cannon, Totes and more.
Farmer’s & Flea Markets (as you can tell, we love our flea markets):
International Drive Flea Market
5445 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
International Vintage Flea Market
5533 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
192 Flea Market
4301 West Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL (Over 400 booths)
MainGate Flea Market
5407 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL
Visitors Flea Market
5811 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL (across from Old Town)
West Gate Flea Market
8546 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL
OSCEOLA FLEA & FARMER’S MARKET
Address: 2801 E. Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL, Phone: (407) 846-2811
Hours: Friday-Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Similar to Flea World in design and layout, but some buyers say the merchandise is better.
Farmers Market Downtown Orlando
Interstate 4 at Church Street, Orlando, FL (Sat & Sun)
6630 N Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL
CENTRAL FLORIDA FARMER’S MARKET
Address: 4603 West Colonial Drive (Highway 50), Orlando, FL, Phone: (407) 296-3868
Hours: Saturday-Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. With no enclosed booths, inclement weather can make this one inconvenient. Still, it offers reasonable prices and a wide variety of merchandise.
Address: 4311 S. Orlando Dr., Highway 17-92, Sanford, FL, Phone: (407) 330-1792. 40 minutes North of Orlando on the way to Daytona on Hwy I-4 (400) – just north of Winter Park.
Hours: Friday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. 1700 Booths. Antiques and collectibles plus and entertainment pavilion with circus acts, magic shows, exotic animals and acrobatic shows which are performed whenever the market is in operation and all these shows are FREE! Adjoining the flea market is Funworld, featuring go-karts, bumper boats, bumper cars, miniature golf, 15 adult rides and 8 children’s rides & a 250 game arcade.
Winter Park Farmers Market
Intersection of New York Street and New England Avenue in Winter Park, FL
P.S. Here are links to our social media accounts, in case you want to connect that way:
Retirestyle Travel Instagram
Retirestyle Travel Facebook Page
Retirestyle Travel TikTok
Retirestyle Travel Twitter
Retirestyle Travel YouTube (Please check out our YouTube Channel for travel videos)