Top 20 Records Held By Las Vegas That You Probably Didn’t Know (Vegas Hacks)
Top 20 World Records and American Records held by Las Vegas you probably didn’t know – must-see Landmarks and Attractions in Las Vegas (VEGAS HACKS & Travel Tips):
There are many more world and North American records held by Las Vegas, but I think these are the most impressive. If you like trivia, you will love this.
All of the pictures are in a section at the bottom of the post. You will find good photo ops at these locations (or just take a quick selfie).
- World’s biggest glass sculpture at Bellagio (created by Dale Chihuly & measuring 30 feet by 66 feet).
- World’s biggest chocolate fountain (27 feet high) at Bellagio.
- World’s largest chandelier (costing $30 million) at the Chandelier lobby bar of Cosmopolitan.
- World’s largest Keno board at the D Casino on Fremont Street.
- World’s largest LED video screen at Viva Vision on Fremont Street (5 football fields long).
- World’s biggest mechanical neon sign is Vegas Vic on Fremont Street.
- World’s largest slot machine replica is SlotZilla on Fremont Street.
- World’s biggest gold nugget called “Hand of Faith” (weighing 62 pounds) at Golden Nugget on Fremont Street.
- World’s highest observation wheel (Ferris wheel) is the High Roller Observation Wheel at the LINQ Promenade (550 feet tall and takes 30 minutes to go around).
- World’s brightest light beam shoots out of the top of Luxor (which can be seen from space). NASA reports that Las Vegas is the brightest city on Earth when viewed from outer space.
- World’s biggest atrium at Luxor (29 million cubic feet) – like a hollowed-out pyramid.
- World’s largest “gentlemen’s club” (strip joint) & night club is Sapphire Las Vegas.
- World’s longest decelerator sky jump (a combination of rappelling and a reverse bungee jump) at Stratosphere.
- World’s highest thrill rides on top of the Stratosphere (including a terrifying tower drop).
- World’s biggest gift shop across from Stratosphere.
- World’s largest hotel is the Venetian/Palazzo Megacenter.
- World’s most convention and meeting space in one city.
- North America’s most expensive building & resort ever built (Wynn Las Vegas cost close to $3 billion and will soon be surpassed by the new Resorts World Las Vegas which cost $4.3 billion).
- 17 of the 20 biggest hotels in the United States are in Las Vegas.
- More hotel rooms than any other city in the USA (approximately 160,000 rooms).
BONUS: You can also see the world’s largest replicas of several world-famous attractions such as the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower.
P.S. Here are links to our social media accounts, in case you want to connect that way:
Retirestyle Travel Instagram
Retirestyle Travel Facebook Page
Retirestyle Travel TikTok
Retirestyle Travel Twitter
Retirestyle Travel YouTube (Please check out our YouTube Channel for travel videos)
these are some cool tips!definitely some new things to look for on our next vegas trip!
Yes. When you pass some of these places/landmarks, you might look at them in a different way.
Fun facts! I'm a 30+year resident of Vegas and still learning! ~ Thx
Glad I could teach you something. Often tourists learn more about and see more of our hometowns because we are so tied up with day to day life.
Vegas is certainly glamorous! 😍
Awesome pictures! Vegas looks so nice
MagicandBliss | https://magicandbliss.com/
Molly @ Transatlantic Notes
One day I'll get to explore Vegas — thanks for the info!
We hope you can travel to Las Vegas soon and use some of my Las Vegas tips and tricks.
We love travelling to Las Vegas. There are so many things to do in Las Vegas and photo opportunities. Vegas is over the top.
Las Vegas is very cosmopolitan and exciting. Full of glitter and glamour and beautiful people.
Under Flowery Sky
Las Vegas is fascinating and it's not suprise to have so many interest facts.
Still I cannot believe there are more hotel rooms than the whole USA..
Yes, Vegas sure has a lot of hotel rooms. It's like a city with mostly new residents every week. I am glad you liked my Las Vegas tips and information.
I miss Vegas!
we miss Las Vegas too and can't wait to go back again when it is safe.
As a resident since 1997, Vegas has a special place in my heart. GREAT post!
It is nice to get an endorsement from a Vegas resident. Las Vegas tries to be bigger and better than anywhere else.
Hi Kevin. What a fantastic list of records. The "17 of the 20 biggest hotels in the United States are in Las Vegas" one is just incredible – it really helps to paint the scene for somebody that has never been to Vegas. I have to confess to being a little disappointed that there was nothing related to poker 🙂
I'm not a poker player, but I believe they have the world series of poker in Las Vegas, which is a very big deal.
Oh how I long to visit Las Vegas. I had ally he plans to visit this year but had to cancel due to the virus ��. Thanks for sharing this, now I have some great locations that I must check out when I go!
We also had a 2020 trip to Vegas cancelled. I am sure my list of records held by Las Vegas will give you a few new locations to check out and get some photo ops.
hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from here.
I’m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your exciting content.