Top 20 Best Free Things To Do in Vegas & Free Attractions in Las Vegas (Vegas Hacks)
Top 20 Best Free Things to Do in Las Vegas &
Must-do Bucket List Free Attractions in Las Vegas
(Vegas Hacks and Money-Saving Tips):
* This information was researched prior to the Covid-19 shutdown, after which the availability and hours of these attractions may have changed. For example, some people who had been to Las Vegas in April 2020 informed me that items 3, 16 & 17 were not available at that time.
I hope that this post will help my fellow travellers and Vegas-lovers plan their future trips to Las Vegas once the Covid-19 pandemic runs its course and is under control.
I can’t wait to go there this year, hopefully as soon as Summer 2021.
1. Bellagio dancing water fountain shows (every 30 minutes from 3-7 PM and every 15 minutes from 7 PM to midnight) are best to see after dark, but still incredible during the daylight.
2. Bellagio plant & flower conservatory (the theme changes several times a year). BONUS: The world’s largest glass sculpture (which is very colourful & mesmerizing) is in the lobby.
3. Binion’s (on Fremont St.) – Photo op of yourself with $1 million in cash stacked up in a pyramid.
5. Circus Circus free world-class circus acts every 30-45 minutes (11 AM to Midnight) at center stage of the Carnival Midway.
10. Golden Nugget (on Fremont St.) “Hand of Faith” gold nugget, which is the biggest gold nugget in the world weighing 62 pounds. The Golden Nugget also has a pool with a huge aquarium containing sharks in the middle. You can see the sharks for free from a viewing area inside the casino.
13. Mirage Volcano erupting outside (dancing fountain show) every hour from 6 PM to 11 PM. BONUS: 20,000-gallon aquarium at main lobby. Hurry and see this, because I read that this casino will be redeveloped and the volcano will be removed.
16. Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile shops has a Harbour Rainstorm every hour on the hour (every half-hour on Friday & Saturday) by Ben and Jerry’s. They used to have a fountain show pictured above, but they removed it.
17. Sam’s Town Casino Sunset Stampede is a free Laser Light and Fountain Show in the Mystic Falls Park at 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10 PM nightly.
18. Silverton Casino has a 117,000 gallon aquarium with feeding shows at 1:30 pm & 4:30 pm and a Mermaids show from Thursday to Sunday at 2 PM & 5 PM.
BONUS TIP: No trip to Vegas would be complete without a picture in front of the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign on the South-end of the Strip near the Airport. Also, the Strat recently erected a giant double arch over Las Vegas Boulevard that says “City of Las Vegas” which makes for a good photo op.
Here is a short video from our YouTube channel with some of the free things to do on the Las Vegas Strip…
P.S. Here are links to our social media accounts, in case you want to connect that way:
Retirestyle Travel Instagram
Retirestyle Travel Facebook Page
Retirestyle Travel TikTok
Retirestyle Travel Twitter
Retirestyle Travel YouTube (Please check out our YouTube Channel for travel videos)
BOOKMARKING THIS!!! My parents live in Vegas and every time we visit my husband and I are like, UMMMM SOOO WHAT DO WE DO?! We aren't gamblers, and shows can be MAD pricey!! So this list kicks butt!
Thank you very much. I know I have done my own searches and I find the information incomplete or inaccurate, so I made my own list of the Best Free Things to do in Las Vegas.
I absolutely love vegas and cant wait to go back to try these new places !
Karen at My Path To Travel
Lovely photos, it looks a great place to visit
Such a nice place indeed! Thank you for these ideas.. will definitely try to visit them if ever I went in Vegas.
I feel the same. I had a trip planned to Las Vegas in July, but I'll have to wait a little longer to go to Vegas. These 20 free attractions will give you plenty to do.
Thanks. For excitement, Las Vegas is my favourite place to visit (followed closely by Orlando).
Thank you. I am glad my list of the top free attractions and things to do in Las Vegas is helpful.
so many things to do in Vegas. Hopefully, one day i will get to visit there
All of the free things to do in Las Vegas make it my favourite place to go for fun and activities.
There's so much to do in Vegas. Thanks for sharing this list. 🙂
wow this look so much fun! im glad you had a great time!
Thanks for all the tips! Great collection!!
Wonderful, I will save this post so I can plan these during my visit to Vegas.
I hope so too. There are lots of free things to do in Las Vegas.
Yes, there are a lot of free attractions in Las Vegas. Glad you enjoyed my list.
We always have a great time in Las Vegas. I can't wait to go back and re-visit some of these free things to do in Las Vegas
Thanks, Petra. I did a lot of research on free attractions in Las Vegas before each of my trips, so I am glad you appreciated the information.
Thank you for saving this post. I am sure that this list of free things to do in Las Vegas will help you plan your next trip to Las Vegas.
I always want to see a residence live at Las Vegas. I think the Backstreet Boys are there right now. They are great shows!
I would love to see a performance by a famous music group that has a residence at a Las Vegas casino too. I have not done that yet. I hear the tickets are expensive, but its probably worth it.
Wow! It seems like you had a great experience there. I really love to be there too and explore the places you have been.
I always do lots of research before I go on a trip to find the best things to do in every city I visit. I found lots about Vegas, so I created this list of the top free things to do in Las Vegas. There are many free attractions in Las Vegas for you to enjoy, even if you aren't a gambler or big drinker. I hope you get to visit Las Vegas safely soon.
Thanks for the information and video. Can you tell me the name of the club that was shown at the end of the video?
That was a wild night at Jewel nightclub at Aria in Las Vegas pre-pandemic. It was packed.
Steve Aoki “performed” for close to an hour, but he didn’t show up until close to 2 AM.
You should be able to get a free VIP admission pass from someone on the Strip, but drinks are close to $20 each. You only get a table with bottle service, which costs around $1,000 minimum.
If you want more information about clubs in Las Vegas, check out our other articles about wild things to do in Las Vegas (
https://retirestyletravel.com/top-20-wild-things-for-thrill-seekers-to-do-in-las-vegas-vegas-hacks/ ) and happy hour drink specials in Las Vegas ( https://retirestyletravel.com/top-12-best-happy-hours-drink-specials-in-las-vegas-vegas-hacks/ ).